Preparing your Proceedings Paper
- Author of an accepted abstract is invited to submit an extended paper of 2 - 4 pages
Extended papers will be reviewed by the editor or the TPC members. Accepted extended papers will be published in the final ICOMSET Proceedings after the conference provided the author is registered and pay non-refundable registration fee. Since 2017, ICOMSET proceedings will be submitted for publishing under IOP conference series and hence will be citable and searchable by the SCOPUS Index.
IOP Conference Series uses author-supplied PDFs for all online and print publication. Authors must prepare their papers using Microsoft Word or LaTeX, according to the journal guidelines and templates, and then convert these files to PDF.
It is important to ensure that when you submit your paper, it is in its final form ready for publication, and has been thoroughly proofread. IOP do not copy edit or reformat papers and will not send out author proofs prior to publication. Post-publication changes are not permitted, so please ensure that your paper has been checked for errors.
By submitting a paper an author and all co-authors are assumed to agree with the terms of the IOP Proceedings Licence.
Templates and Guidelines
- Please follow these essential guidelines when preparing your paper:
- Basic Guidelines for Preparing a Paper
- Guidelines for Preparing Reference Lists
- Authors must prepare their papers using our Microsoft Word or LaTeX2e templates, and then convert these to PDF format for submission :
- Microsoft Word Templates
- LaTeX2e Class Fsile
- If you would like to submit multimedia to accompany your paper, you might find these guidelines useful :
- Multimedia Guidelines
Please download the Word/LaTeX templates for extensive guidelines on formatting your paper. As a summary, please ensure the following:
- Paper size is A4.
- Margins are 4cm (top), 2.5cm (left and right) and 2.7cm (bottom).
- The paper includes the author name and affiliation (full address including country).
- There are no page numbers, or headers and footers, within the paper.
- The PDF is free of formatting errors (e.g. corrupt equations, missing or low-resolution figures), since conversion from Word to PDF can introduce formatting errors.
- Text is single spaced, not double spaced.
- The PDF file is editable and not password protected.
- All pages are portrait (landscape pages should be rotated).
- Reference lists are checked for accuracy. References can only be linked via Crossref if they are correct and complete.
- Figures are placed within the text, not collected at the end of the document.
- A thorough proofread is conducted to check the standard of English and ensure wording is clear and concise.